Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Knock Knock


Perhaps you've seen Holman Hunt's painting of Jesus. Stone archway...ivy-covered bricks...Jesus standing before a heavy wooden door. It was in a bible I often held as a young boy....

Years later I read that Hunt had intentionally left out something that only the most careful eye would note as missing....I went back and looked. Sure enough...there was not doorknob on the door. It could be only opened from the inside.... God comes to your house, steps up to the door, and knocks. But it's up to you to let Him in.


--Max Lucado (And the Angels Were Silent)
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him. -Revelation 3:20 NKJV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As simple as it sounds, one wonders why more do not knock. Just a question.