Thursday, November 8, 2007

How God Changed my Heart


Great Insight from Carrie Hudson (Special Guest, Song of Solomon Bible Conferences)...read on:

"Now, one of the Pharisees was requesting Him (Jesus) to dine with him. And He entered the Pharisee's house, and reclined at the table. And behold there was a woman in the city who was a sinner; and when she learned that He was reclining at the table in the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster of perfume. And standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and kept wiping them with the hair of her head, and kissing His feet, and anointing them with the perfume." (Luke 7:36-38)

I think I have read over this passage of scripture many times in my life without giving it much thought. However, this past summer I read it again and the Lord touched my heart in such a way I cried from the first word to the last. I realized there was nothing I wanted more in my life than to be like this woman. The woman, who after hearing that Jesus was within her grasp, ran and got her best perfume to give to Him! To come without a gift…unthinkable! The woman, the sinner, who did not approach Him from the front, but stood behind Him, ever so humbly. The woman, who could not contain her emotion and overwhelming love, wet the Almighty's feet with her tears. The woman who used her hair as a towel to wipe away her tears from the King of King's feet. The woman who kissed the Lamb of Lamb's feet with her lips and anointed them with her finest perfume. This is the woman I want to be most like.

To give myself completely to the Lord. To serve Him and love Him with my very best. To know who He truly is and weep for my destitution and sinful ways. To love the Lord with all abandon and care not what the world around me thinks as I throw myself upon His feet. To serve Him daily and keep my focus upon Him and Him alone. This became my prayer, to be like her to love like this.

The Lord loves to answer prayers like this. He began to change my heart. I became much more sensitive to my sin and I wept over my sin. My love for Jesus became so much more than what it had been in the past. I became completely amazed at the love of the Father. My heart was changed, I was being changed. I cried out for there to be less of me and more of Him.

I continue to cry out to God daily and pray to love Him with total abandon. I know that this love is contagious, and as I bowed, my husband bowed. As I wept over sin, my husband wept over sin. As God changed me, God changed Him. He linked us together this way, and we are better for it. Because there is less of Carrie and Doug there is more of the Great I AM. And we are blessed.

-Carrie Hudson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all this because she read a story, a story she had read many times without significant impact, but this time she read it with her heart, not just her eyes. This time she "became" this woman, she touched Jesus, and was healed. This kind of reading (heart) CANNOT
but change us. Pray that we all read with our hearts and are changed, another word for healed.