Friday, October 10, 2008

After the Rain


Don't you love the way it feels just after it rains? Everything is a bit cooler, crisper, and cleaner. I love it. I love the way it feels and smells. Earlier this week, I visited one of my local "nature" stops right after a morning rain shower. You could almost hear the surrounding plants and wildlife saying, "Ahhh!" The plant life seemed more lush and the critters were out and about. I took this picture of a butterfly (more likely a moth) sitting on an elephant ear surrounded by droplets left by the rain. I wasn't sure if he was just enjoying the coolness after the rain or if I interrupted him taking a refreshing drink. Either way, I enjoyed this picture. It captured the moment quite nicely. Crisp, clean, wet morning in God's creation. Totally refreshing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody loves rain more than me, except plants and critters, and you.