Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prayer for Miami

This picture was taken last year when I went to Miami with our high school students on a mission trip. It was taken the first night we were there. We went out to where we could see the Miami city skyline along the water and we all took time to pray over the city that we were there to impact for Christ. Two of the girls actually went into the water and stood there praying together. This shot of that moment has always moved me. I can't really say what it is about what you see here that touches me so deeply, but this totally captured it for me. I used a few software tools to artistically alter/enhance how the moment is burned in my mind blended with what I caught with my camera. This is it. I hope you too are moved by it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the "moments" when we feel a presence. It is a moment when we feel not alone, and the reason is that we are not. It is God's Holy Spirit very close to us. It usually occurs when we are concerned about others, when we are deep "in Christ," when we are seeking, asking, knocking. His Spirit sooooo close to us, awesome!

Jeff said...

That is an AWESOME picture!!

Amy said...

I love it!